Perth Vacation

What's Up

Feel free to visit my other blog at Rainbows.

My Maid Ran Away..........

It is not uncommon to hear about runaway maids after a few months of work. But mine ran away after 3 years with me. This is her fourth year after I just renew her application and passport 2 months ago. She sneak out on Christmas eve before midnight with only her 2 bags of clothings leaving behind her passport and a lump sum of her salary which we have kept for her. It was such a shock as who would be so crazy to leave behind almost 10k of money and passport behind her. I know she left with one or some of the Indonesian workers who have just completed their renovation work next to where I stay. After seeing some handphone numbers written on the renovated building just in front my balcony few weeks ago ( the second time which I forgot to take a pic) I had question her about her liason with those workers which she totally deny having any connection. I just have to belief her but much recently I saw her acting very strangely but take it as her being homesick but never knew of her plans after her sudden disappearance.

It is such a sad thing that she just have to be so naive and stupid to go off with those Indonesian workers who must have wanted her for their own physical satisfaction. Now I can only pity her and knew that I could not do anything for her safety except reported her missing. I did tell her many many times about runaway maids being tricked to prostitution by these foreign workers and the consequences and all that. Yet she falls into the trap this time. In fact I just bought her a watch during our last outing to KL as a Christmas present and took some pics of her with the christmas tree.

Our last outing on the 19th Dec and she ran away on the 24th.....

Now I have second thoughts of getting a live in maid now that I was betrayed of our trust for her. This is the first time I have a runaway maid after more than a decade of live in maids. Just have to settle for hourly ones and do some housework myself.

6 comments:

  1. Kess And Her Mama said...
     

    It's terrible to have your trust betrayed this way. At least she didn't steal anything from you (I hope..)

  2. Apple Interior Design said...
     

    Heard abt. tat from Bro.Lee. Nvrmind, life goes on without live in maid. Itz just that, the hse chore undone, and some aching body parts, haha...

  3. Sweet Jasmine said...
     

    Yeah, it hurts to get betray this way,... anyway maids could not be trusted 100 percent. I did not find anything missing. She only wanted to be with her boyfriend is all that matters. She even left our maindoor keys behind.

  4. Sweet Jasmine said...
     

    Hi, Olive Oly...now that is what I have now. Hsehold chores piling up and an aching body...hope I can last my time as maid here.

  5. Anonymous said...
     

    SHE looks like an indian one.is she?...thats sounds strange...Hello i found your Blog quite intresting.Well i am Vishali from india i'm also quite new to this blogging world.So now i am searching for my new friends.i found you in my one of my friend's blog friend's list.I hope you can be my one my friend forever.So i have added you in my blog roll.Hope you will also add me in your friends list.Anyways my dear friend happy Blogging....And stay in touch.Bye.

  6. Sweet Jasmine said...
     

    Hi Vishalini,
    My runaway maid do looks like an Indian but she is an Indonesian from Kupang.
    Welcome to the world of blogging and I would be glad to add you on my list of blogging friends. Thanks for visiting my blog and I will be over to yr blog soon. Cheers.

Post a Comment



 

Add To This