Perth Vacation

What's Up

Feel free to visit my other blog at Rainbows.

Going Cuckoo Over Colors.........



This whole week is just another busy week for me and many more to come. Was looking everywhere from magazines to images in the net for the right color for every room in my new condo. Just could not make up my mind what to choose. Last week was rushing to the furniture store to choose the color I wanted for my new sofa which I ordered months ago on a promotional price and was told to my disappointment, the color was already off their list. I had to choose another color after much imagination what my living room will turn out to be with that color.

Some websites will give good advice on the right color to choose according to your personality and some following the much loved 'feng shui'. Feng shui or not, I much prefer the colors I can be comfortable in. Now more people will love to paint their walls in a striking and warm colors or a combination of colors and it will turn out a disaster if not well toned. My too old fashioned personality dare not venture to such adventurous experiment even when my designer recommends me some colors which I do not seem too keen on putting on my walls.

But what I have done so far is choosing violets as the theme color for all my bedrooms to which my 2 sons surprisingly love to have it on their rooms too. Eldest son who does not always bother with such affairs, this time exert his rights to have a warm violet to his room even when I insist on a lighter color. So it is now 2 rooms with Dulux supreme Queenstown which has a soft alluring lavender color against a room with Dulux pearl glo Solitaire which is a few shades warmer than Queenstown. My living room will be splashed with Dulux lily white. So is the kitchen which has a fresh look of orangy zest cabinets against the white acrylic table top.

Now the next color to choose is for my curtains......so my imagination and eyes will be running wild again to continue their task in seeking out the right color ...

6 comments:

  1. Kess And Her Mama said...
     

    I still remember the madness of renovation! Choices, choices, choices. The curtains will probably be worse than the colours coz you now add patterns and designs to the equation! If you have patterned sofa, you may want to go for solid colour curtain. Have fun!

  2. imelda said...
     

    your sons have a good taste, too.

  3. imelda said...
     

    i was here for a visit.


    http://www.myoverview.net

    http://www.mymoods.net

  4. Kess And Her Mama said...
     

    Hi, I've passed the award back to you. Come by and collect! Kess' Mama

  5. Sweet Jasmine said...
     

    I have decided to paint my living room walls with 2 colors of Dulux barley white and vineyard pearl glo and it turn out to be matching and beautiful....thks to my interior decorater.

  6. Sweet Jasmine said...
     

    kess & mama - thks for passing back the award to me..will claim it for my blog here.

Post a Comment



 

Add To This