Perth Vacation

What's Up

Feel free to visit my other blog at Rainbows.

Quick & Easy Passport Application....

My new passport..........


Immigration department in Georgetown, Penang......


Yesterday I went to the Immigration department in Georgetown, Penang to get a new passport when my old one had expired. I can say this is one government department that has a very efficient staff and all I need to do was to fill in a form, get a number with 2 passport size photos, photostats IC and in minutes your name will be called and the friendly staffs will process your application even during lunch time and were told to get my new passport in 2 hours time compare to the old days where you have to line up for hours and only to get your new passport after many weeks.

But for one very bad experience is that you better not take your passport photos behind the department's photo shop if you want to look good in the photos. They have an outdated or lousy photo machine that needs you to take out your spectacles for a photo shoot and also makes you look 20 years older than your actual looks after processing. Sister K who took the photos with me was quite upset and mad when the photo shoot of her turn out to look as if she has seen a ghost without her specs. Anyway we were too short of time to go for another round to change our photos.

1 comments:

  1. Monica said...
     

    I need to renew my passport too and I wonder how long will it take here :-D

Post a Comment



 

Add To This